After fixing up the charging system, I took a quick test drive with my friend Jonathan for about 7 miles and the car behaved well. The suspension is still a bit off (rear is 2" high while the front is 1" low), so I'll look into fixing that.
Stuff still to do:
- Fix the zener diode on the failing Batmon board
- Fix the suspension ride heights
- Figure out how to encase the BatMon boards while allowing FET cooling
- Paint remaining hold-downs (not powdercoated) with POR-15
- Install Link-10 system after Christmas
- Install tachometer with shift light going back to controller for over-RPM protection
We just got about three inches of snow on the ground today, so I don't think I'll be joyriding or testing the full acceleration of the Civic for fear of sliding off the road. I just updated the EVAlbum entry with some mileage so I'm officially out of the "under construction" stage.